Friday, November 19, 2010

Feature Friday for TCC

This is one of the newest releases from The Character Cafe for this month. I cut the image out after coloring it with my Prismacolor pencils, and I had an accident so I had to "fix" the post, since I'm trying to get this ready to be posted before I go in the hospital for surgery, the easiest and quickest thing for me to do was cut out a piece of cardstock and make it look like aged wood.

There are some gorgeous images at TCC this month, as usual. I chose this image because I love Cardinals. The fact that they are one of the birds that mate for life, is so endearing to me. And of course, I love the brilliant color of the male. I used a Spellbinder's nestie that I just purchased. (I have only recently started building a collection because I really love using my Cricut for this type of thing, but it's not always easy to clear the table off to get to it.) I'm also using one of the new Cuttlebug Embossing Plus folders. This one is Fanciful Labels, which has five labels on it. I would have preferred that they give a few more directions as to how it goes through the machine, but with a little trial and error I figured it out. The stiped paper is some I purchased months ago, and pretty much forgot about. It was hiding, for one reason, it is 8-1/2x11" paper instead of 12x12". Oh, I guess you can figure out that I used cotton for the snow. I don't have any of the fancy types that I keep seeing, and I didn't have time to go out and get any. I've put some glitter on to make it sparkle some. The snowflakes are glittered, but for some reason it doesn't show up. I guess it's because I don't usually use my flash when I take my pictures.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Mark's Finest Papers - snowflake

Secret Crafter - sparkle and shine

Sweet Stampin Challenge - snowflakes

The Paper Players - red, green, cream

Wee Memories - patterned paper in stash

Twisted Sketches - sketch

Creative Card Crew - thank you

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - glitter

Digi Doodle Shop's Best - anything

I hope you enjoy the card and that you will leave a comment for me. Also hop on over to TCC and check out all of their great images.

Thanks,

dj

18 comments:

Jessica L said...

Lovely card DJ! I love that thick, heavy snow!

Gram's Treasures said...

Wonderful card DJ...and the snow, such a nifty idea! Hope you'll soon be feeling wonderful too!
Joyce xx

Nancy said...

I like the cotton snow! Hope you're home and recouperating!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very cute Debbie! Very creative on the snow! The snowflakes are neat! Hope you feel better soon!

Lola said...

Wonderful and love the colors. I hope all is well and you are home soon!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Jinny Newlin said...

Great design, DJ! And I LOVE your innovative use of regular, old, cotton balls! Great take! Thanks for playing along in the Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Debra, love the fake snow. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin!!
Clairex

Virgo5 said...

Great card!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Tracy said...

Cute! I love your snowflakes and that beautiful die cut sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Linda Wescott said...

Lovely card DJ, really great image, they are a beautiful bird aren't they. Hope you are making a good recovery. Hugs lin

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

How cute! Love your snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)

Virginia L. said...

Adorable birdhouse! Love the snow effect! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories Challenge!

Grenouille Greetings said...

A lovely card! Great snow! Thank you for playing along with Sweet Stampin last week. We have a birthday hop with DT candy this week so why not try our sketch, comment on the DT blogs and play again. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Unknown said...

What a lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles Shop`s Best
Hugs~Tine

Julie said...

What a perfect winter card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Hugs,
julie

skylife said...

Such a lovely card. Love the label and the snow!
Hope everything is OK at the hospital.

Thanks for joining us at DDSB