This card was for my friend to send to her DDIL after she found out she was going to be a grandmother. I made up two cards and gave her the choice as to which one she wanted. I would send the other one. Of course I used NA for the pregnant lady. All I had to do was choose my papers, add a little bling and it came together.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
This is the card I sent to my friend's DDIL and son. I wasn't as happy with it as I was my other one. I think what I don't like is the job I did on the baby's face. I wish I had had the Peachy Keen face stamps. Oh well, what's done is done. All of the clothes were cut from NA at 1-1/2" and the booties at 2". I did get the inspiration for this card from another person on the MB.
Monday, June 1, 2009
This is my first tri-shutter card, or tri-fold. These cards are so easy once you figure out how to score and make your cuts. All I had to do was decide what combination of papers I wanted to use. All of the embellishments were cut from HD. I stamped phrases in other areas. The friend I gave the card to enjoyed it.
Here is my take on the ampersand anniversary card that Tracy Gough posted a while back. I've also done one in aqua and brown, and I hope to have pictures of it later. (I have to borrow it back.) I wanted the card to be larger than what you could cut from a 12"x12" sheet of paper, so I cut the ampersand from PS at 7-1/4" for the base and 7" for the top color. I needed to combine the two so I used FF to cut out the hinges I used; I cut out two, one real size at 1" and the second at real size, blackout also at 1". They were then glued together with the red on top. I wanted this to show up on the front of the card, but not the back, on the back I cut an additional ampersand at 7-1/4" and adhered it to the back one. Next I added flourishes from SYI, flowers from AE, MM for the initials then plenty of bling and stickles. All of the sentiment was computer generated.