Friday, November 20, 2009

Play Date Cafe Challenge #5

Click on any image to enlarge.
























This is for the challenge going on over at Play Date Cafe: http://www.theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/ The colors for this challenge were purple, silver, light blue and white. I've used all of these colors in this card, however, it's a little hard to see when you first look at the card. The silver is the shiny ribbon and a metallic silver gel pen that I used to outline the flourish and dots on the heart and butterflies. The flourish and heart are from HD with the butterflies from SB, welded together in CDS. The purple paper in the background is embossed with the Cuttlebug persian folder. The border and the flowers are some of the new MS stamps. The verbage is from the Sweetheart cart. And I added some bling to the flowers.

This will also be used as one of the challenges on the Cricut MB for RAQ. Hope you've enjoyed the card. I still don't know how to add a blinky, so I've posted PDCC's address here. My one question is when you click on a blinky and copy the code, and then click on html editor, does it go at the bottom of what's already on there, or what? I really want to post this correctly, but I don't want to mess up my blog either.

TFL,

dj1952

12 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB card hun...thanks for leaving me a lovely comment :O))

Do What You Love said...

This is such a lovely card. The embossing effect is just stunning and I love the use of your Cricut; inspiring me to use mine! The flowers are just gorgeous; what a beauty of a card. Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog; so very kind of you!

peggy gatto said...

your cards are a joy to see, so many beautifully made designs!
Fun visit here!!

Paul B said...

Wow such a beautiful card. Love all the collaged textures. Thx for popping a comment on my blog :) Px

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you played along in this week's challenge...this is such a beautiful representation of the colors!

The Play Date Cafe is a fabulous place to hang out and we are glad you are there.

Email me privately if you still have questions on links/blinkies, etc

julieranae@hotmail.com

Neet said...

I did try to comment before but it wouldn't let me. Love what you have done with the colours for the challenge. A lovely card.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful Anniversary card! Thant flourish is gorgeous as are those little blossoms! Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Hearts Turned said...

What a beautiful card, DJ! So glad you could play along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe'! Looking forward to next week!

Sandi said...

beautiful anniversary card, your elements just makes it sing. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

*Alison* said...

WOW.. I LOVe your embossing and your card is just beautiful.. Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.. :)HUGS

~hope you can take a min to stop by my blog.. I have a couple new FREE digital stamps... I add a new one each Wed. I also have DT tryouts and blog candy (top sidebar) going on right now..

Cassie said...

beautiful and elegant!

Chrissie said...

What a lovely card, I really love the elegant look of this beautiful swirl, the colours are gorgeous and the cuttlebugged papers are the perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.