Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Favorite Cards of 2011

I had decided not to do a favorites list this year, since it was so difficult last year.  LOL.  But I was motivated into doing so after I visited Debby of A Scrapjourney’s blog.  She has a challenge to show top five (or more) cards and she will be drawing for candy on the 6th.

favourite 2 

I already know it will be more than five, but let’s see what I come up with.  And it’s in no particular order. If you would like more information on any of these cards, double click on the picture, and it will take you to the original post, with who did the image, and things I used.

These pictures are of my first (and so far, my last) flower petal card. 

  



This is for anyone that loves shoes.



I tried a number of other styles of cards.  This is my first half circle card.

heart anniversary 3.28.11 - bunkers

This was the first of three easel box cards that I made.



This is one of my favorites because of all the die cuts that I used.  It looks so delicate.


Just as I was about to pick my sailing ships for June, this one pops up.  I just loved the characters and it was so fun.


Another new technique I did is this stationery set.





Then I had to go back to one of my favorites in the style (easel) and one of my favorite designers, Mo Manning.



How cute is he? I adore him and the papers were all so cute. This really was a hard month to choose from though.



This was for my husband for our 39th anniversary, and I have to show it again.



I loved these little birds. And I tend to like pinks.



For my last card, I end with one of my favorite designers again, Mo Manning.



Well, as you can see I couldn't do just five; I had to be fair to each month didn't I ? LOL (Sorry Debby.) I hope you’ve enjoyed a look back with me at my work.   It was very difficult to choose what I did, and on another day, I might very well have chosen different cards.  We’ll see what this year brings.

Hugs,

dj1952 (Debra)


5 comments:

craftymum said...

So many gorgeous cards Debra
Love Sarah x

Dorcas said...

Great choices, Debbie!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a stunning collection of cards Debra.
Thanks for joining in My Favourite cards.
luv
Debby

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

All of them are very pretty! But my personal favourite is the shoe-card :-)

Karen Letchworth said...

Debra: I cannot find your email address, but I need to talk with you privately. Would you mind emailing me at your convenience at:
karen.mycuprunnethover@gmail.com
Thanks so much,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday - Social Media Coordinator