Monday, January 17, 2011

Joy - Sweet Little Girl

How do you top a card that you received 92 comments on? I guess it's by letting the stamp speak for you. My last card was commented on so often because of the design of the card, more so than my work (or at least that's what I feel), so this card had to have an awesome image (of course I still don't expect to get anywhere near that many comments).

I found this lovely lady while blog-hopping. I've always loved Sugar Nellie stamps and now I'm thrilled that they also have some in digital format. Now, of course, I had to get all four of the girls , full length and faces. So, you'll be seeing them for a while. I really love the face shots the best (which I've already colored for each girl), because there is so much detail. I printed them on the "draft" mode of my printer, because they are made with quite a bit of shading, to aid those who may not be comfortable with coloring and shading yet.


I feel like the card is missing something, but I'm not sure what else I could have added without it being too busy. The papers are from K&Co., the ribbon from Bunny Zoe and the butterflies were made with a MS punch. The thing that is amazing is how much I paid for the charms. (They were in the $1 bin at Michaels and there were about 12-18 pieces in each package.) Needless to say, I bought up all of the ones I really liked, even if I didn't like each item in the bag. I haven't quite figured out the best way to attach them, as this is only the second charm I've used; I'm hoping someone out there in blogland will take pity on me and tell me their technique.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - anything

Creative Cottage - something new - digital image

Paper Crafting Journey - digi

Digi Doodle Shop's Best - pink & green

Meljen's DT & Challenge - square or round card

Dutch Dare Card Challenges - sewing

The Sugar Bowl - sketch

Craft Your Days Away - anything

Delicious Doodles Challenges - 3 colors - pink, green, yellow

2 Sisters Challenge - flowers

Aly's Sunday Challenge - wings

Going Buggy - Blog Party

Thanks again for stopping by. Check back as I'm working on getting a few things together to give away as candy, since I now have over 100 followers (woo hoo!). I thank everyone who has looked in on my creations. I hope you will leave a comment. (Even a "nice card" would be appreciated; remember I'm coming down off of a "92 comment high". LOL!

Hugs,

21 comments:

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

It is a bit of a let down to go from 90 comments to just a few. Mine was high on my Feline Playful day too, then not as much, but you will be sure to get lots of comments on this as she is quite the cutie. The coloring is very good and the colors you used are perfect! The charms and butterflies are nice too. I don't think it needs anything, Great Card!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Super sweet card! I don´t feel that there´s anything missing... to me it´s perfect as it is!
Hugs,
Uli

Ms. Jen said...

Such a precious image! You did a great job coloring her.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card Hunni. I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Katja said...

This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Greetings,
Katja (DDSB-DT)

PCJ said...

I love that image! It's so vintage and cute

Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week and I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Lisa x

Maria Moorhouse said...

This is really lovely! Im interested what colour you used for her hair? im strugling with blonde at the moment.
Your charms look to be attatched fine- i use chain and a jumpring too, and then glue it down behind the bow. Maybe a slightly smaller jumpring to go with thin chain.
I have a couple of recent examples if you want to compare
on my blog
Maria x

Anna-Karin said...

Lovely card. Nice colours.

Hugs
Anna-Karin

Dawnll said...

This is such an adorable image and so tender looking on your card.
Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
Hope to see you real soon.

Dorcas said...

Super sweet card, Debbie!!

Pat said...

Absolutely adorable card! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters. Good luck with the challenge this week!

Hugs!
Pat

debby4000 said...

What a cute, gorgeous card Debra.
luv
Debby

Sylvie said...

What a beautiful card...
Hug
Sylvie

Enfys said...

This is adorable Debra, what a super little image, she looks vintage - in fact she looks a little bit like a photo of me as a little girl, so very vintage :) Thank you so much for coming over to my party, I am having a lot of fun with it, good luck with this and with the rest of the competitions this week,
big hugs
En xx

Lilian said...

Wowee! This is STUNNING! I love your card the way it is :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Lilian said...

Wowee! This is STUNNING! I love your card the way it is :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty, thank you for joining us at at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Dianna said...

What a precious card! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!

~ Dianna
Meljen's Designs DT

Tami said...

Thanks so much for playing at Aly's. Wonderful coloring

Linda Wescott said...

I love these images, I have the full length ones, but now wishing I had the head shots too. Love how you have kept her so soft and gentle. I can't imagine that you would need anything else on this, it's just stunning. Hug slin

Lola said...

She is absolutely precious!