Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Happy Hello

Click on any image to enlarge.



I've been wanting to do a birdhouse recently, but wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it. This didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I think my friend will enjoy it.

I used SYI for the house, and HD for the bird, which I cut two at 2" and then cut the darker one apart and placed in areas I thought might enhance the bird. The wreath around the entrance was made with a MS punch. I pop dotted the first layer of the birdhouse and the perch.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:

Cute Daisy May - anything goes
The Pixie Cottage - green
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - green
Paper Cutz Challenge - anything goes


TFL,

dj1952

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card, thank you for playing at the Pixie cottage

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Debra your card is so cute!! I love all the dimension and details...your friend will love it!!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!!!

Thank you, too, for the really sweet comments you left on my blog..I do appreciate you taking the time to visit!!!

Hugs,
Terry

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

Anne said...

A cute card with a lovely bird! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

pinky said...

Its just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CDM. Hugs
pinky

artish said...

love the added dimension!!! Thank you for Going Green with the Pixie Cottage!

Juanita said...

Great card, love the bird, DP and bling. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

shelly said...

cute cute cute i like your branches around the house opening cute idea.
thanks for playig along at papercutz :) xx shelly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous birdhouse and bird--lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April