Thursday, June 14, 2012

For a Sad Occasion…

It’s always hard for me to do a sympathy card.  I guess part of it is because I hate to think the person has died, and for the grief of the family. 



 Here’s one of a couple that I did for a dear family member’s son.  I’m not that great doing plain and simple, but since this is for a male I felt it would work.  The stamp and sentiment is heat embossed and the paper is actually a burgundy color, not purple.  I also used a technique by Gina K. Designs on embossing the gold edged paper.  

I’m entering this is the following challenges:

Just Keep on Creating – anything
The Paper Shelter – anything
Amusing Challenge – heat embossing
Pattie’s Creations Design – male
Crafting For All Seasons - for men
Do You Stack Up - masculine

Thanks for stopping by,

dj1952

10 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is a beautiful card. I'm sure the family will greatly appreciate this.
Diane

Annemaritta said...

Beautiful and calm. I love the effect what heat embossing makes. It is perfect on its own. Hope comes to my mind when looking at this. Lovely.

:) Best wishes from Leeds :)

craftymum said...

A sad occasion Deb. But a lovely card for this sad time. Good thing we know the Truth

hugs Sarah x

Erni said...

thats a wonderful card,best to do,I think. You did a very good work.hugs from Vienna,Erni

Dorcas said...

I'm sorry you had a sad occasion to make a card for...:( But your card is perfect for it, muted without being too gloomy, colorful without being too cheerful. The gold embossing is classy. Great job!

Chris said...

This card is perfect for your occasion - beautiful and caring. Thank you so much for playing in my Amusing Challenges.

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, I'm sure the recipient will be touched by your thoughtfulness.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Unknown said...

A beautiful card for a difficult situation. I think these are times when handmade means so much more. Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU.

Ren-Yi said...

What a difficult card to make. I find sympathy cards extremely difficult and had to make one myself this week :( i do love the elegance that the gold embossing does... and the colors were just right. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

suzARTe said...

such an elegant card, the use of gold on burgandy looks lovely.

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)