Friday, October 15, 2010

TCC Feature Friday

Being that it is Friday, we have a new challenge. What we'd like you to do is use the color "orange", have three squares - any size, and three flowers. Here's my card for the challenge.

This is pokey, one of the new realeases this month over at The Character Cafe. Isn't he cute?

I thought he might be saying: "I'm not slow...the whole world is just going too fast." At least that's how I feel sometimes, especially when I'm going the speed limit or a little faster (who me? lol) and people pass me like I'm sitting still. Please check out the other new and older images at the The Character Cafe store. There are so many fantastic digis; something for everyone. Scroll down to see the winner of the mallard duck I used last week.

Click on image to enlarge.
The papers for this card are some that I got at Sam's club and I can't remember where the striped paper is from. I added the jute behind the flowers I made. (You can see the tutorial at YouTube if you search for "paperbag flowers") The squares are cut from my Cricut, but I can't remember which cart I used.

The jute came from Bunny Zoe's Crafts. Nikki Fairbairn there is an awesome person. She went out of her way to locate some items for me that she didn't have in stock and she sent them to me at the price the other store charged for them. I don't know too many merchants that would do that. The rhinestones are by recollections, and I used stickles on the flowers.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Mark's Finest Papers - stripes

Ellephantastic Challenges - anything

Unscripted Sketches - sketch

Incy Wincy Designs - faux anything - stitching

Wild Orchid Challenge - stitching

A Pocketfull of Posies - fall colors

Digital Tuesday Challenge - sewing and a digi

Papertake Weekly Challenge - three of a kind

Thanks for looking and if you would, please leave a comment.

Hugs,

dj1952

16 comments:

Georgia said...

Love the card. Can't believe how many of us choose to use him this week.

Anneke said...

What a cute and funny card!
Hugs Anneke

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Very nice Debbie! He is too cute! Love the colors and the flowers! So happy for you with being on the DT!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great layout for this delightful snail!! I love your fabulous layered blossoms!

Thanks, Debra, for sharing this wonderful card with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stripe challenge!!

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! I love the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

love the image & the flowers are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic hugs x

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an adorable snail! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Joyce said...

Hi Deb, lovely card and super cute flowers. I see you like this image too!

Life At Camellia Cottage said...

Adorable card, and that snail image is as cute as can be! Thanks so much for joining us for the sketch this week at Unscripted Sketches, and don’t forget to join us this week, October 16th, for our big Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop! Becky G.

Lola said...

What a great card! I love your take on 3 squares - I wouldn't have ever thought that. And I LOVE your sentiment idea...I'd be the one passing you because I have "the need, for speed!"

Linda Beeson said...

What an adorable little guy and I love how you used the Unscripted sketch.

redwasher1 said...

Oh, what a sweet image!! Love the colors and the layout!!
Thanks for playing with us at Speedy's Friends!!

Katina said...

Aww, how cute is this?! Thanks for joining us at PTW this week. x

Jessica L said...

Wow! This looks awesome! I'm definitely going to have to search for that video. I love those flowers! I'm lucky to have made it onto a DT with so much talent!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week x

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Lovely crad! Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! x