Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Hug is always...

Click on image to enlarge.
Isn't this little lady so cute? Awwwwwwwwwww. I was looking around at different on-line stores for something, but I can't remember what, and I found these adorable stamps. They are S.W.A.L.K. rubber stamps, found at Crafter's Companion. I don't know what it is about the large-eyed charachters, that captures my attention, but they hook me everytime. Lol!

I wanted to get away from the fall colors for a little bit, so I did this one, "just because". I tried a technique that Debby Yates has perfected. It's her way of making her images look 3d. She's fabulous. I can almost always tell before I look at the name that she did the card. I know my card isn't anywhere near as nice as hers, but everyone has to start somewhere.
I used papers that I bought as separates from Michaels. The punched border you barely see is the MS "pansy" punch. I cut my paper at 1" and then punched it on both sides. Interesting result. The roses are by Recollections, and the pins are from here and there. I just realized that the glitter isn't showing up in the photo, but it's there, on the two smaller pieces of paper at the top of the card behind her head.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - sparkle
Sentimental Sundays - distressing and sentiment
The Paper Players - 1 DP, punch, sentiment
Flourishes - anything but buttons or bows
I hope you will let me know what you think of my card.
Debra (dj1952)

20 comments:

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Adorable! The image really pops. That is a great technique. Lots of pretty details on this. The whole card is very nice!

Dorcas said...

THis is very cute, Debby! I like the distressed edges and the pins and of course the cutie patootie image. :-)

Berenice R. said...

Adorable! Thank you for playing the Karber Weekly Challenge :)

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What an adorable card! Love the distressing and your coloring is lovely. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Annika said...

Not only do I adore the image and papers and your fab colouring - that sentiment is just super!!
Hugs
Annika

mulberry station said...

I love your sweet image and fun paper. Great take on the sketch. I love the Martha Stewart punch too! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely, great job with the distressing! So glad you could play along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays :-)

Lisa said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wow, I think your card is absolutely adorable!!!! Such a sweet image and wonderful coloring! Totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSW

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

Fun papers, flowers, pins and border punch! Darling card and image! Thanks for playing at SSW!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness soooo adorable! Your card is awesome...love all of the pink and your coloring is fabulous!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Kathie said...

Awesome card.......your image is super cute. I do love your destressing and your Martha Stewart punch. Great job.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT

Arlana said...

Your card is just so sweet and such fun colors. Love that darling image. Thanks for playinmg along @SSW!!!

Jeannie said...

This is absolutely darling and I do love all of the pink! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jacki Randolph said...

Adorable card and image! I love how you have her popping off the background.Your sentiment is great!Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Pauline C said...

Adorable, and gorgeous sparkly creation! Thanks for joining in this week's Papertake Weekly
Pauline x

Betty Wright said...

So beautiful in pink and absolutely adorable, too! Lovely card with the no buttons and bows challenge! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

She is just adorable! I love the sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Genevieve said...

Oh this is pretty! The image is gorgeous & I just love the pins & flowers, great detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

Linda w said...

I adore pink myself so love this card. You put a lot of work into that, all those distressed edges - great effect - and your glitter too. Stitching too. Very pretty embellies and such a cute image, interesting technique. Hugs lin