Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back to school...

Click on image to enlarge.
Close-up of some of the details:
I know everyone's probably had one of those cards that you thought you knew what you wanted to do with it, but then everything just fell apart. That's how this card turned out for me. I had put stickles around the outer edges of the "red" color, but once it dried it was so UGLY!!!! lol! I carefully pulled it apart, so I had the image to work with. Of course that meant I had to redo everything else. What a waste of beautiful paper. :-( I am pleased on the most part as to how this turned out, but I had more actual sewing on the other one that I liked better. Oh well.
This is the first card I put the little rosebuds on. This is also the first time that I made my own pins. I was going crazy trying to find ones that were long enough until I found the little sparkley embellisments in the wedding department of Michaels; and there they were...coursage pins. Duh! Now I've just got to find pearls and things to add to the pins.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Meljens Designs - 1 ribbon, 2 flowers, 3 brads
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Christmas colors
Secret Crafter - anything
Polka Doodles - easel card
The Shabby Tea Room - back to school
Wild Orchid Challenge - ribbon & bow
Thank you for stopping by and looking at my card. I hope you like it enough to leave a comment.
dj1952


26 comments:

Dorcas said...

THis is one of my favorites, Debbie. I love the sketch and all the details, the pins etc. and the distressing. Really nice. You had a hard time with it but really worked it out in the end. Nice.

Lisa said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! I am in love with easel cards and I love the colors and embellishments you've used on yours, not to mention that cute little schoolgirl image! Thanks for playing with us in The Shabby Tea Room as well as Polka Doodles!

Jo said...

WOW! A stunning easel card! *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Tracy said...

Amazing, Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

Hi Debra

This is just adorable, love the colours your beautiful colouring and all those pearly pins.

Thank you for sharing with us in my easel card challenge at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

B x

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

It came out so nice. Sometimes the ones that give us the most grief become our favorites in the end. I do hate when I think It will be easy and I'm sure of how it will turn out and I have to scrap it. This is worth the work it is very pretty! Great tip on the pins. I have been looking all over for nice pins and can not find ones I like. Thought I'd probably have to make some, but never thought to look in the wedding aisle.

Bev said...

Oh wow this is fabulous, amazing detail too. Thanks so much for joining us at LOTV this week. x

Pattie said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I just love the pins and rosebuds! Great job and thanks for sharing it with us in the Tea Room!

Curlybear said...

Hi DJ
lovely design and colours vary pretty easel card and the image is beautifully coloured, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

JD said...

What an adorable image, and your card is beautifully done...

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Wow - love the card. Fab colors and the image is so cute :)

Thanks for playing with the Sugar ladies this week

Hugs
Tonje

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week, especially with such a cute card.
Hugs
Jacqui x

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a beautiful card! I love all the detail!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Recipe challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

june lanum said...

wow this is so cute

Debbie said...

What a sweetie pie image and lovely card ... fabby embellies! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a sweet card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Lau W said...

Superb card ! The stamp is adorable, and superb colors !
xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow!! All that detail....gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at MelJens for the recipe challenge!
Sandy, MelJens DT

paola said...

Positively delightful, colored beautifully and i love your layout, thanks for joining us at ASFOS
smiles
Paola

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Becky Jo said...

There is so much loveliness to look at on your card. Your embellishments are lovely and well placed. The colors are so strikingly vivid. Great card!

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Debra, you won the TOP FIVE honor at Meljen's! Be sure to grab your badge and display it proudly! Nicole MD DTC

PapierGirl said...

Absolutely precious! Your coloring is outstanding - and the placement of your embellishments is right on! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Teresa said...

How cute is your card really lovely,
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week good luck!
Teresa x

Jenny said...

Such amazing detail! This must have taken you ages! Lovely! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles this week.