Close-up of some of the details:
I know everyone's probably had one of those cards that you thought you knew what you wanted to do with it, but then everything just fell apart. That's how this card turned out for me. I had put stickles around the outer edges of the "red" color, but once it dried it was so UGLY!!!! lol! I carefully pulled it apart, so I had the image to work with. Of course that meant I had to redo everything else. What a waste of beautiful paper. :-( I am pleased on the most part as to how this turned out, but I had more actual sewing on the other one that I liked better. Oh well.
This is the first card I put the little rosebuds on. This is also the first time that I made my own pins. I was going crazy trying to find ones that were long enough until I found the little sparkley embellisments in the wedding department of Michaels; and there they were...coursage pins. Duh! Now I've just got to find pearls and things to add to the pins.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Meljens Designs - 1 ribbon, 2 flowers, 3 brads
The Stamp Man Challenges - distressing
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Christmas colors
Secret Crafter - anything
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - stitching
Polka Doodles - easel card
The Shabby Tea Room - back to school
Wild Orchid Challenge - ribbon & bow
A Spoonfull of Sugar - anything
Crafts and Me - easel
Thank you for stopping by and looking at my card. I hope you like it enough to leave a comment.